To manually configure your Outlook profile, perform the following steps:
- From your PC: Start > Control Panel > User accounts > Mail.
The Mail Setup wizard starts.
- Click the Show Profiles button, then Add to create a new profile for your account
NOTE: If this this is the first profile created, then the second dialog (Mail | General) displays; the first dialog does not display.
The New Profile dialog displays.
- Enter any name for the profile to help you identify the account (for example, "Exchange") and click OK. The Auto Account Setup dialog displays.
- Click the checkbox at the bottom of the screen to Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click the Next button. The Choose E-mail Service Dialog displays.
- Select the Microsoft Exchange radio button option and click the Next button.
The Microsoft Exchange Settings dialog displays, on which you can enter sittings to begin setup.
- Make sure to keep the Use Cached Exchange Mode checkbox checked (that's the default) and enter the information as requested.
Microsoft Exchange Server: aush02exch01
User Name: Enter your primary email address.
- Click More Settings.
Outlook may display a few warning dialogs (example below).
- Click OK on each warning dialog until the Microsoft Exchange dialog displays.
- Click the Connection tab to access the additional connection settings.
- Click the Connection to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP checkbox.
This activates the Exchange Proxy Settings button.
- Click the Exchange Proxy Settings button to access the Microsoft Exchange Proxy Server Settings dialog.
- Enter the following settings:
Use this URL...proxy server for Exchange
Only connect...certificate: msstd:mail.h02.fusionemail.net
Check...On fast networks
Check...On slow networks
Select NTML from the Proxy authentication settings drop-down
- Click the OK button.
The Microsoft Exchange dialog display again, with the Connection tab on the top.
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
The Microsoft Exchange Settings dialog displays.
- Click the Check Name button.
You are prompted to login.
- Enter your User name and Password and click OK
Outlook attempts to communicate with the Exchange server with the settings you have entered. It may take a few seconds (up to two minutes on slow internet connections) before the Outlook profile resolves your mailbox settings.
The setup is successful when the Microsoft Exchange Settings dialog is updated - the Microsoft Exchange server and the mailbox User Name inputs display as underlined (as in the graphic above).
NOTE: The Microsoft Exchange server name of the resolved location (which is underlined) may be different that what was entered in Step 6 above. This is normal.
The User name displays what was entered for the Display Name for the Exchange mailbox.
- Click Next
A Congratulations dialog displays, indicating that the setup was successful.
- Click the Finish button.
The Mail dialog displays again.
- Make sure Prompt for a profile to be used option is selected.
- Click OK in the Mail dialog box to close.
- Start Outlook. and when prompted for your Profile, select the new profile you just created.
You have now successfully connected to Outlook profile to your Exchange mailbox using the manual server configuration settings.