How to set up Microsoft Exchange email on an Android device
- On the Smart Phone device, look for and select Settings > Accounts and Sync > Add Account.
- Choose any of these you may find (depending on the device, the choices will differ): Corporate or Microsoft Exchange or Active Sync.
- Type your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, and your password, and then click on Next.
NOTE: If the account does not automatically configure, you will need to select Manual setup.
The next Exchange configuration screen displays
- For the Domain\Username you will need to type your full email address in this box. If Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty and type your full email address in the Username box.
- Type in your Password: Use the password that you use to access your account.
- Type in the Exchange Server: Use mail.h02.fusionemail.net for your server name.
- Put a check in the use SSL box if it is available.
- Click on Next
As soon as your phone verifies the server settings, the Account Options screen displays. The options available depend on the version of Android on your device. The options my include the following:
Email check frequency
The default value is Automatic (push). When you select this option, email messages will be sent to your phone as they arrive. We recommend only selecting this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
Amount to synchronize
This is the amount of mail you want to keep on your mobile phone. You can choose from several length options, including One day, Three days, and One week.
Notify me when email arrives
If you select this option, your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new email message.
Sync contacts from this account
If you select this option, your contacts will be synchronized between your phone and your account.
- Select Next and then type a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others. Select Done to complete the email setup and start using your account.
Note: You may need to wait ten-to fifteen minutes after you setup your account before you can send or receive e-mail.