A SharePoint user is a member of your organization who has been assigned to the EMM SharePoint service
to which your organization has subscribed. The Service Users feature in the EMM Control Panel allows you
to assign and manage all of the users in your account as it relates to the various services your organization is
using; for the purposes of this exercise, we’ll focus on creating a user and assigning them to the SharePoint
Please note that in order to create a SharePoint user, you must first purchase the SharePoint resource for your
account. See Add a Resource for details.
1. Log into the EMM Control Panel.
2. As illustrated above, select Add New User from the SharePoint section of the main dashboard.
NOTE: You can also access the Add New User wizard by selecting the Users tab and then clicking the
[Add New Service User] button. Be sure to select SharePoint in the Services section if you do it this way.
3. The first step of the Add New User wizard is to select the type of user you wish to create for your
Existing Service User – Select this option if the user had previously been setup with either Exchange or
SharePoint service. The Service Users list displays. Select a user and click [Next>>]. Go to Step 6.
New Service User – Select this option if the user has never been setup with either Exchange or SharePoint
4. For this example, we will select New Service User and click [Next].
5. Enter a Display name, Login, and Password for the new SharePoint user.
Click the [Next>>] button when finished.
6. Use this screen to enter the parameters to be associated with this user’s SharePoint access.
Roles range from None to Reader or Contributor, to Web Designer and Admin.
7. Click [Next>>].
8. Review the new user information and click [Finish].
The new user is created and displays in the SharePoint Users list:
Notice that the new user status is “Updating.”
When complete, the new user status will read “Ready.”
9. To modify a user, click the appropriate Service User name.
10. Click the [Edit] button, and then make any necessary changes to the user’s information.
You may edit the user’s display name and login.
NOTE: From here you also can access their contact info, password expiration parameters, and
notification email address.