When you purchase a SharePoint subscription through the EMM storefront, you are asked to provide a
domain name for your SharePoint site. That domain name is automatically associated with the new site and
displays during the Add a New SharePoint Site function.
When you add a SharePoint site to a subscription that already contains the SharePoint resource, such as an
Exchange bundle, the steps you follow will be slightly different. The following are the steps associated with
adding a SharePoint site to a “SharePoint only” subscription.
1. Log into the EMM Control Panel.
2. As illustrated, select Add New Site from the SharePoint section of the main dashboard.
NOTE: You can also access the Create New SharePoint Site wizard by selecting the SharePoint tab at
the top of the screen and clicking the [Add New Site] button.
3. Select a domain or subdomain from the list (this is the domain name you entered when you purchased
the SharePoint subscription) and click the [Next>>] button.
NOTE: If you have only one domain, then there will be no list, just the name of the domain.
4. Select the subscription to which the SharePoint site will be associated and click [Next].
This step consists of selecting the type of user that will administer the new SharePoint site:
Existing Service User – Select this option if the user had previously been setup with either Exchange or
SharePoint service. The Service Users list displays. Select a user and click [Next>>]. Go to Step 6.
New Service User – Select this option if the user has never been setup with either Exchange or SharePoint
5. For this example, select New Service User and click [Next>>].
6. Enter a Display name, Login, and Password for the new site administrator.
7. Click the [Next>>] button when finished, and the next step in the Create New SharePoint Site wizard
8. Select a Template from the drop-down list or leave the default selected, which enables you to select a
template when you first log into the new site.
Enter a Storage quota in the appropriate field (MB or KB) and click [Next>>].
9. Select a Language in which to provision the site (default is English).
The list of available languages depends on the selected template.
10. Click [Next].
The summary screen displays (see below):
11. Review the new site’s settings and click [Finish].
The new site is created and displays in the list of SharePoint sites for the account.