1. Log into the Control Panel.
2. Select the Exchange tab from the menu bar:
3. Select the More Services tab:
4. Select the Public Folders option:
5. Click any previously defined public folder (if available) listed under the Name column to edit parameters
associated with the folder.
6. Select the Permissions tab to view the current permissions for this public folder:
• Public Folder Permissions: This tab contains mailboxes and distribution lists that have been granted
a role on this public folder. Any mailbox that is a member of a distribution list has the permissions
assigned to that distribution list. Public folder permissions are defined when you grant permissions
• Send Permissions: This tab contains mailboxes and distribution lists that have been granted send
permissions on this public folder. Send permissions are defined when you grant permissions (below).
7. To add public folder permissions, click the [Add] button.
8. From the Role drop-down list beside the mailbox or distribution list to which you wish to grant
permissions, select the appropriate role:
• Reviewer: Gives the default user permission to read items in the Exchange public folder. But they are
not allowed to edit or delete items, regardless of whether they previously created those items or not.
• Contributor: Create items and files only. The contents of the files do not appear.
• Non-Editing Author: Create new items but cannot edit content produced by others.
• Author: Create and read items and files, and modify and delete items and files you create.
9. Click [Submit].
The permissions are assigned to the designated mailbox or distribution list and they are now included in
the Public Folder Permissions list:
10. To remove permissions, place a check in the checkbox of the mailbox or distribution list for which you
would like to remove permissions and click [Delete].
The permissions are removed.
11. To add or remove send permissions, select Send Permissions above the list.
12. Click [Grant Permissions].
The list of available mailboxes and distribution lists displays.
13. From the Send permission drop-down list beside the mailbox or distribution list to which you wish to
grant permissions, select the appropriate permission: