It is not uncommon for your employees to change their BlackBerry devices if an old BlackBerry is broken, if
a BlackBerry has been lost and the old device was “wiped” for security purposes, or if a user simply purchases
a new device. Additionally, it is not uncommon for an employee’s BlackBerry to stop communicating with
the BlackBerry server, in which case the user will need to initiate a new activation from the device for
troubleshooting purposes in order to re-establish communication between the handheld device and the
In these circumstances, it is necessary to simply re-set the user’s mailbox BlackBerry service activation
password, and then have the user perform a new “enterprise activation” from the BlackBerry device itself to
re-connect the device to the BlackBerry server.
1. Log into the Control Panel.
2. Select the Exchange tab from the menu bar.
3. Select the Mobile Devices tab.
4. From the Mobile Devices tab, select BlackBerry Accounts.
The BlackBerry Accounts screen displays a list of all mailboxes currently configured with BlackBerry
service and the status of each user.
5. From the BlackBerry Accounts screen, click the user’s Account name to display this user’s BlackBerry
6. In the Device section, click the [Generate and email activation password] button.
The activation password operation is completed automatically and emailed to the user.
7. Click the [Close] button to complete the assignment of a new activation password.