You can set up a user’s mailbox to forward email to another location using the EMM Control Panel. For
instance, if a user does not always have access to their Outlook account, or would like to access email via
another service, you can quickly and easily forward their email messages to another account, while leaving a
copy in their inbox. Disabling the forwarding is just as quick and easy.
1. Log into the Control Panel.
2. Select the Exchange tab from the menu bar.
3. Select the mailbox from which you would like to forward email by clicking the in the Display name
4. Click the Forwarding tab:
5. To enable forwarding, click the [Enable] button.
The screen changes to enable you to select the email address to which you would like to forward messages.
6. In the E-mail address input box, type the email address to which you would like to forward messages.
If you wish to leave a copy of the email messages in the user’s EMM mailbox (in addition to the copy
being forwarded), click the checkbox next to Leave copy of messages.
Once you have defined the forwarding email address, click the [Submit] button.
• If you do not click the Leave copy of messages checkbox, email will be forwarded to the external
email address without saving a copy in the EMM mailbox.
7. On the confirmation screen you can click the [Disable] button to cancel the forwarding or click the
[Change] button to edit the forwarding email address defined.
NOTE: To forward to multiple email addresses, create a Distribution List and use the list’s email address
as the email forwarding address (see Create a Distribution List for more information).