BlackBerry is a proprietary wireless service that allows BlackBerry users to obtain their mailbox data
wirelessly to a BlackBerry device via the BlackBerry network.
Please note that in order to activate a BlackBerry, you must first purchase the necessary resource and create
the BlackBerry Service account. See Create a BlackBerry Service Account and/or Add a Resource for details.
1. Log into the EMM Control Panel.
The EMM Control Panel main dashboard displays:
2. As illustrated above, select Mailboxes from the Exchange section of the main dashboard.
The Exchange dashboard displays:
3. On the Exchange dashboard, select the Mobile Devices tab.
The Mobile Devices for this account display:
4. Click BlackBerry Accounts.
A list of all BlackBerry Accounts associated with this account displays:
5. Select the appropriate Account name from the list.
The Activate Account screen displays:
6. On the Activate Account screen, you can perform a number of BlackBerry account management tasks,
• Click [Email activation password] to email the currently configured password the user.
• Click [Edit activation parameters] to edit both the activation password and the duration (default is
48 hours) of the password.
• Click [Generate and email activation password] to generate the activation password and automatically
email it to the user.
• If you do not wish to perform any of these tasks at this time, click [Close].
7. For this example, select [Generate and email activation password] to complete the activation of the
When the BlackBerry user receives the activation password via their email account, he/she must enter the
password on their device. The BlackBerry will then be activated and synced to the user’s email account.