We recommend users do an advanced restore when switching BES servers or if your BES account was recreated. The purpose of this is to restore any data that is not synced over the BES such as call history, text messages, BBM contacts etc. When activating on a new BES, all contact calendars and emails will be synced from your mailbox however your personal data will need to be restored before you activate with the enterprise server. We recommend you do a selective restore to restore any data you need, so do not check the options for messages, contacts, calendar, task and memos as this will be synced via the server.
1. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
3. Select Restore in the list.
4. Select a backup file.
5. Choose Select device data and settings.
6. Select the databases to restore and click Restore. (e.g bbm contacts, call history, text messages etc)
7. A warning will appear that all data will be replaced with a backup file. Click Yes.
8. When the process is complete, disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone from the computer.