For a backup of the data on a BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:
- Click on Device from the upper left-hand corner of the BlackBerry Desktop Software and select Back up from the drop-down list, or simply click Back Up Now from the main screen of the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
- Mark the appropriate customization level ( Full, Quick, Custom).
- If your smartphone includes built-in media storage and you want to back up data that is stored there, select the Files saved on my built-in media storage check box.
- Input a file name if desired, or leave the default text.
- Leave the Encrypt backup file unchecked.
- Select Back up.
Note: if you wish to restore personal data, please do so before activating on BES, see advanced restore.